This was my first Gold Wing. It was a 1984 GL1200 Aspencade. It was the first year for the 1200 fully loaded Aspencade model. In its day, it was the ultimate cruising/touring bike. It was equipped with an air ride suspension, FM stereo/cassette system with built in audio headsets for driver and passenger and had the first digital dash found on a motorcycle. I was the third owner and did my best to keep the bike as original as possible. At the time of this picture, it had just over 120,000 kms on it, as far as I know.
Owning this beautiful bike encouraged me to get out and ride as often as possible. I have upgraded since then and currently ride a 1989 GL1500 Gold Wing. A huge improvement in comfort and power.
In the following pages, I share my stories of the rides I have taken and about the fantastic places I have been while riding these beautiful bikes. Enjoy!
You may have noticed a time gap since 2015 and 2019. Giselle and I were in a very serious motorcycle accident in May of 2015. After 4 years of surgeries, physio, and legal matters concerning the accident, we have both settled with our insurer and I now feel it is OK to post more stories.
- North West Coast District Rally – Wings in the Cariboo – Day One (7/30/2019)
- Iron Butt – 2019 (6/24/2019)
- Three Falls Ride – Sea To Sky Highway (4/18/2015)
- Washington/Oregon Coast (7/3/2014)
- Ready for spring…. (2/11/2014)
- Blue Ridge Parkway (10/16/2013)
- Cherohala Skyway (10/14/2013)
- Tail of the Dragon – US 129 – Deals Gap (10/14/2013)
- Vernon Loop Ride (8/11/2013)
- Kootenay Weekend….. (7/11/2013)
- Troubles…… (6/3/2013)